- Features prebiotic fibers to support intestinal health and boost immunity
- Contains natural sweeteners with minimal impact on blood sugar
- Provides 13 grams of fiber and 2 grams of net carbs per bar
- Contains dairy-free and gluten-free ingredients that are well-tolerated and do not cause laxative effects
- Provides antioxidant support to reduce inflammation and support a healthy lifestyle
SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber is a delicious, high-fiber bar containing a generous 11 grams of dietary fiber in every bar.
It features a digestion resistant, soluble dietary fiber called tapioca dextrin that helps maintain intestinal regularity.
This bar also contains the prebiotic fiber inulin, which benefits GI health through its ability to support gut microbiota.
Chocolate Mint Fiber Bar does not contain any fructose or sucrose. It is naturally sweetened with allulose, stevia, and erythritol, which are easily digested and have a very minimal impact on blood sugar.
The combination of fiber and our allulose blend yields only 2 grams of net carbs per bar, making it an ideal low glycemic, high fiber snack. This bar does not contain gluten or dairy ingredients.
Why Should You Use SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber?
SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber is more than just a nutrition bar. It contains prebiotic fibers that promote several areas of health to decrease the risk of disease.
Prebiotics have numerous health benefits. They are found in foods such as onions, chicory, and leeks, which aren’t always easy to get in your diet.
Fructooligosaccharides are about half as sweet as sugar with minimal impact on blood sugar levels (1). We use them to sweeten our bar, but they also have a prebiotic effect that stimulates the growth of “good” bacteria in the gut.
This “good” bacterium helps grow epithelial cells and short-chain fatty acids, prevents the overgrowth of harmful organisms, boosts immunity, and prevents inflammation, diarrhea, and other digestive ailments (1).
Fructooligosaccharides also boost calcium absorption to support bone health (1). Together, these benefits help provide an important balance between health and disease in the convenience of a bar!
Health Benefits of Prebiotic Fiber
While many people focus on adding probiotics to their diet to enhance gut health and immunity, it’s also important to consume prebiotic fibers.
Prebiotic fibers are the “fuel” that probiotics and other healthy gut flora thrive on. They ferment in the digestive track and contribute to the production of healthy metabolites.
Research shows that inulin and resistant starches stimulate the production of short-chain fatty acids and Bifidobacterium.
Bifidobacterium is a type of bacteria that has been linked to improvements in obesity, allergies, neurological disorders, diarrhea, and celiac disease (2). It also has been shown to help reduce depression and increase quality of life in IBS patients (3)(4).
Short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) help reduce inflammation in the digestive tract that is linked to many gastrointestinal problems, including ulcerative colitis (5). They also help protect against several diseases and can also be used as an energy source (6).
Collectively, prebiotic fibers may contain the following health benefits (3):
- Promote fullness and reduce caloric intake
- Reduce symptoms associated with irritable bowel disease
- Enhance the bioavailability of certain minerals, including calcium, magnesium, and possibly iron
- Lower the risk for several cardiovascular disease factors
- Alleviate infectious and antibiotic-associated diarrhea
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Do I Use SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber?
Many people have a hard time getting more fiber in their diet. You can use SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber as a dietary supplement to help promote regularity or ease constipation.
We recommend using SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber as a snack in between meals to curb hunger and help keep you full.
Is SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber A Meal Replacement Bar?
SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber is not intended to be a meal replacement bar. However, it can be added to your diet as a healthy, high-fiber and low-glycemic snack or dessert.
What does SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber Taste Like?
SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber has a refreshing chocolate and mint flavor. We use a blend of stevia, maltitol syrup, erythritol to sweeten our bar.
These low-glycemic sweeteners have a minimal impact on blood sugar levels. However, they still taste almost as sweet as sugar!
What is Allulose Good For?
Allulose is a naturally-occurring sugar found in many foods, such as maple syrup, figs, raisins, and jackfruit. Research shows that humans do not have the enzyme needed to digest allulose.
This means that it travels through the gastrointestinal tract virtually untouched and is primarily excreted via the urine without causing digestive upset like most sugar alcohols do.
It’s a good sweetener for diabetics or people on a low-carb diet because it does not impact blood sugar or insulin levels when used in reasonable amounts.
It has also been shown to help improve BMI and body fat. Research shows that allulose is well-tolerated and does not produce gastrointestinal side effects when consumed in small amounts.
Who Should Use SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber?
SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber fits into your life no matter how busy you are! Getting more fiber in your diet has never been easier.
SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber is ideal for busy adults or families in need of a satisfying snack with minimal blood glucose impact.
We recommend trying this bar if you are:
- Monitoring your blood sugar levels
- Trying to get more fiber in your diet
- Suffer from gastrointestinal problems, including IBD, gas, constipation, or bloating
- Looking for highly satisfying snacks to help you lose weight
- Love chocolate and mint!
Will SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber Cause Digestive Upset?
Sometimes, adding more fiber to your diet may cause digestive symptoms, such as gas, bloating, or diarrhea. For this reason, many people shy away from fiber bars.
However, the prebiotic fibers used in SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber are well-tolerated in most people.
One study found that adding 12 grams of prebiotic fiber resistant starch was well-tolerated in test subjects with no reported laxative effects (7). One bar of SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber has 13 grams of fiber.
If you’re worried about how adding more fiber to your diet may affect you, then we recommend enjoying half a bar at a time. Save the other half for later!
The following is a breakdown of the key ingredients in SOLFUEL® Bar Chocolate Mint Fiber:
- Soluble Fiber (from Tapioca Starch): Part of our soluble fiber is derived from tapioca starch to help support healthy digestive function. Soluble fibers have been shown to support healthy cholesterol levels and aid in belly fat weight loss (8)(9). They also support regularity and bowel health so that you can digest and absorb nutrients from food better.
- Coconut and Coconut Oil: Coconut products are an excellent source of fiber, healthy fats, and antioxidants. Coconut oil has been shown to help control the glycemic response (10). It’s also a good source of vitamin E, which has antioxidant abilities in the body, and medium-chain fatty acids to help reduce inflammation and support brain health. Coconut oil also has heart health benefits and supports healthy bone structure (10).
- Erythritol: Erythritol is a no-calorie, non-glycemic, and non- cariogenic sweetener that has minimal impact on blood sugar levels. It helps flavor the bar without packing on calories or sugars. Research shows that erythritol also has antioxidant and endothelium-protective properties (11). It is an ideal sweetener for those concerned with Candida albicans overgrowth as it does not contribute to the growth of unhealthy bacteria (12). Research shows that erythritol also increases the anti-fungal effect of lactic acid bacteria in the gut to help protect against infections (13).
- Unsweetened Chocolate: Chocolate is high in antioxidant flavonoids that help decrease inflammation. Research shows that chocolate contains catechin, epicatechin, and procyanidins that help reduce blood sugar levels (14).
- Stevia: Stevia is a no-calorie sweetener that is naturally derived from the stevia plant. It has a sweet taste similar to sugar without the calories or carbs and contributes to the bar’s antioxidant properties.
- Maltitol Syrup: Maltitol is about 90% as sweet as sugar but it has a minimal impact on glucose levels (15).
- Fibersol®-2 (digestion resistant fiber fructooligosaccharides): Fructooligosaccharides are naturally-occurring plant compounds that are metabolized by the intestinal microflora to produce a number of beneficial metabolites. They are calorie-free, non-cariogenic, and have a low sweetness intensity. As a digestion resistant soluble fiber, dietary fructooligosaccharides are not broken down in the small intestine and reach the cecum structurally unchanged. Because of their prebiotic effect, they have been shown to improve mineral absorption, and decrease cholesterol, triacylglycerols and phospholipids. They also stimulate the growth of healthy gut bacteria, which can help reduce inflammation, promote regularity, and boost immunity (16).
- Inulin: Inulin is a prebiotic fiber that has been shown to support healthy weight in those with prediabetes (17). The inulin in SolFuel® Bar also aids in digestive and immune health by increasing the production of healthy intestinal flora. It helps support healthy blood sugar levels and prevents weight gain by keeping you full.
- Cocoa Butter: Cocoa contains bioactive compounds that have been shown to promote antioxidant and anti-inflammatory abilities in the body (18). It contains healthy fats that contribute to satiety and has a decadent texture to contribute to the bar’s tasty flavor.
- Allulose syrup: Allulose syrup is the primary sugar found in the SolFuel Chocolate Mint Fiber bar. It has a glycemic index of zero and does not impact blood sugar levels when used in small amounts. Research shows that allulose is a zero energy sweetener that can help decrease BMI and total abdominal and subcutaneous fat areas in users (19). Another study showed the allulose had no reported gastrointestinal side effects when used in reasonable amounts (20). The United States FDA acknowledges that although allulose is chemically similar in structure to other sugars, it is not absorbed in the body like most sugars are. Also, it does not contain the same amount of calories. Because of this, the FDA allows allulose to be listed as part of the total carbohydrate amount in food labels, not as a sugar. This means that it can be subtracted from the net carbohydrates to indicate its impact on blood sugar levels.
- Sunflower seed oil: Unlike coconut oil, sunflower seed oil does not break down and create a chalky white substance on products that it is used in. This helps ensure that the bar stays fresh for as long as possible. Sunflower is also high in flavonoids, tocopherols, phenolic acids, and linoleic acid, which have been shown to help reduce low-density (LDL) cholesterol and total cholesterol. These properties also provide antioxidant support, reduce the risk of heart attacks, and help normalized impaired glucose tolerance. Sunflower seeds are an excellent source of vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant in the body to reduce the risk of chronic illnesses, such as cancer and heart disease (21). The healthy fats found in sunflower seeds also helps increase the bioavailability of the antioxidants in the bar.
Product Specifications: 18 bars per box
Serving Size: 1 bar
Warning(s): Store away from heat and moisture.
DOES NOT CONTAIN: Gluten, Soy